  • Subject: Re: Sap Bites the Dust at Sobeys ($81 million) !!!
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 07:56:21 -0500

Yes - I see going to http://www.ibm.com  and searching on Sobeys produces
a few hits.  I notice the link to Sobeys on the case study page at
http://www-4.ibm.com/software/data/partners/ae1partners/sap/casestudy.html
 is broken - but so are many of the others.

However the link to this page:
http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/spworld2000/americas/session5.html
referring to a conference held last June  , includes this:

Track 2 - Classic High Performance Computing and Linux Clusters --
Executive Center 2A-2B
ERP: SAP Implementation on the SP
Derrick Hazel, SP Administrator
Sobeys Canada
This presentation will provide an overview of the implementation of SAP
R/3 that Sobeys Canada has recently completed in 1999. Sobeys SAP
installation is the largest retail installation of SAP R/3 in North
America. Discussions on how this was accomplished using the IBM SP2
architecture will include: use of the SP2 switch as a high-speed
networking alternative, use of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager on the SP for
enterprise systems backup and restore, designing and implementing large
database disk architecture ( > 1 terrabyte) on IBM SSA disk, and how all
these topics fit into a scalable, highly-available server strategy using
HACMP high-availability software.
Derrick Hazel is the SP Administrator for Sobeys Canada Limited in Nova
Scotia, Canada and is an SAP Basis team member there. Derrick has been
working with IBM hardware and software for 10 years. Specifically in the
last several years, Derrick has worked almost exclusively with the AIX
Operating System and the IBM SP2 server architecture. His experiences
include deploying a multi-terrabyte database on the SP2 platform using DB2
UDB, tuning the SP2 switch for application network performance, and
installing and administering the disaster recovery site for one of
Canada's largest retailers. Derrick has designed and deployed RS/6000
systems for companies in many different industry sectors including retail,
health care, transportation and oil and gas.

...Neil

"Bernd Schaefers" <bschaefers@gmx.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
2001/02/03 04:46