  • Subject: RE: EBCDIC-to-ASCII
  • From: "Mike Cunningham" <mcunning@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 23:17:21 -0500

You don't need to go to the trouble of converting the file, FTP will
convert it for you.  We do FTP distribution of files all the time.  We
build the file (usually in QTEMP) using whatever means are best (CL/RPG,
SQL, Query) and then FTP the file to either a Novell server, an AIX
server or an NT server.  You can also feed commands to FTP to automate
the entire process. There is one problem hiding in here, your
application can't tell of the FTP script completed normally or not.

>>> Smildenber@Washcorp.com 02/01/01 09:24AM >>>
Larry,

We ftp files and the EBCDIC-ASCII translation happens automatically in
that
process.  We also use CPYTOSTMF to convert from a database file to an
ASCII
file in the IFS.  You could do this and then ftp the file from the
IFS.

Scott Mildenberger