GET A DIESEL GENERATOR
- ----- Original Message -----
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
- Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 5:46 PM
- Subject: Re: High Availability
- You might considering Clustering to increase system availability: http://www.as400.ibm.com/ha/ha_clusttech.htm
- What happens if you have a transformer blow out outside of your building, and it takes a day or so to get it working again? I ask because this has happened at least once in 3 of the last 4 years here (the first ice fall here and the foot heaters go on).
- DanDaFourOOMan <email@example.com>
- Sent by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 01/29/01 04:05 PM
- Please respond to MIDRANGE-L
- To: "MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
- Subject: High Availability
- I am needing to consider high availability options for our new
- AS/400s, which I am responsible for configuring. A recent
- thread discussed RAID vs. mirroring. Another thread mentioned a
- product named Mimix, which I've seen advertised.
- The new AS/400s are replacing old ones and we have one in each
- of our five plants spread across the U.S., one in Mexico, and
- one in England. Needless to say, I need to be able to manage
- these systems and diagnose and solve problems from our corporate
- office. Management appears to be opening the wallet to ensure
- HA. Some critical considerations: Unplanned outages of 8 or
- more hours would hurt us. Greater than 24 hours and I'll be
- passing out resumes.
- Where can I go to read up on the issues I need to consider for
- Any advice on which way to go on RAID vs. mirroring?
- Any other advice?