  • Subject: RE: Can a PF have >1 record format?
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:30:41 -0500

Are you saying your physicals aren't keyed, that the details are associated
with the header purely by location within the file?  Wow, what a screwy
design that must be!  You have my respect for coping with that, if that's
the case.  I've never had the misfortune to see such a thing.  If that's the
case, then multi-format logicals wouldn't work, since they do require keys
for proper retrievals of their contents.