From: Angela Wawrzaszek [mailto:wawrzaszeka@AUSTEEL.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 10:30 AM
To: Midrange Mail List (E-mail)
Subject: CONFIGURING SMTP E-MAIL ON AS/400

I am trying to configure the AS/400 so that I can use either the SNDDST
command or the SNDEMAIL command from the News/400 article.

This is what I did:

1.   CFGTCP,  option 10,  we have our  exchange server set up as a
host-table  name = AUSTEEL

2.    Created a DIRE:
                                       User ID =  INTERNET
                                       Address = GATEWAY
                                       System Name=  INTERNET
                                       User Profile  =  blanks
                                       Network User ID = *USRID

                                       Mail service Level = User index
                                       Preferred Address = NETUSRID
*IBM
                                           Address Type  =   ATCONTXT

3.   CHGSMTPA     autostart(*yes)
                                 mailrouter('AUSTEEL')
                                  Firewall(*YES)

4.  I can ping to AUSTEEL,  and SMTP  server is started.

5.    SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET((wawrzaszek@austeel.com)) DSTD('test email
des
cription') LONGMSG('Testing email')

                   OR

 SNDEMAIL ADDRESSEE((WAWRZASZEK@AUSTEEL.COM ANGIE)) SENDER(MCLOUGHLIN@AUSTE
EL.COM MICHELLE) SUBJECT(TEST) MESSAGE('Testing using sndemail')

I get back a Send Distribution completed successfully.  or   message
Sending email......

But the message never goes anywhere.  I am assuming I do not have something
set up correctly.  I looked at 2 web sites   www.bytware.com and
www.way.org.   and it looks okay.

Can someone help me out?    Thanks!

Angie Wawrzaszek