  • Subject: RE: Client Acess printer session rebooting PC
  • From: "Ray, Adam" <aray@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:37:21 -0600

One of my previous jobs was to configure computers in the labs at my local
Technical college. I would set up one PC that was identical to all the PC's
in a particular lab, then create an image file using Ghost and put it on the
network. I also created a bootable floppy that would format the hard drive
and connect to the network and restore the PC with the Ghost image file, all
unattended. It worked quite well. Number of PC's per lab ranged from 10 to
50. I once loaded the 50 PC lab in 4 hours. That was doing 2 or 3 computers
at the same time. I wouldn't recommend loading more than 3 PC's
simultaneously because it slows the load time way down.
So to answer your question... yes, it really does work.