Are the object name rules for QOpenSys different for V3R2, V3R7, and V4R*?  I
have a working application that used CPYTOSTMF to copy a file to QOpenSys with
a target file name like BALED20001121142700.TXT .  The command executes
correctly, and the file shows up in Windows Explorer with this name, but when
I try to do *anything* with the file in Windows95 - copy it, move it, delete
it - I get a message box declaring that the file cannot be found.  From an
AS/400 command line, I used WRKLNK to rename that object to BALED2.TXT and
that fixed the problem.  I imagine that the culprit was an object name that
did not conform to a valid 8.3 DOS-like name.

I am 99% certain I did not have this restriction in a previous shop, although
I am uncertain as to whether I had access to a V3R2 box to test it on (that
shop had 25+ AS/400s at various OS levels).  The other difference that I can
think of is that I was using WindowsNT 4.? as my Client Access workstation at
the previous shop.

Is it OS/400 version differences?
Is it Win95 vs. WinNT differences?
PTFs?
Service Packs?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952
+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com
+---

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].