  • Subject: Error CPA3311 when using CPYSPLF
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:21:00 -0500

The only way the system reply list gets used is if INQMSGRPY(*SYSRPYL) is set
for the job.

Most shops I've seen leave the default to INQMSGRPY to *RQD.  However, last
week I ran into a situation on one of our branch boxes where I had a job fill
up a file with the maximum number of records (10000 + 1000 * 3) and, since
this was a long running job, I added an entry to the system reply list to keep
extending the file.  I was surprised when I went to change the job's INQMSGRPY
and found that it was already set to *SYSRPYL.  I didn't think much of it
until I saw Simon's reply.  I removed my entry for automatically extending the
file and found that the job description I was told to use defaults to use
INQMSGRPY(*SYSRPYL).  Now I have to find out why.

So, I guess I would suggest using INQMSGRPY(*SYSRPYL) to solve your problem,
but keep mindful that other jobs may be affected if *SYSRPYL is used.  In this
particular case, your CPA3311 error should be fairly isolated, don't you think?

You can use the CMPDTA parameter in your reply list entry to narrow down the
situations where your default reply is applied, but I've never used this and
so can't say for certain how it could help you in your particular situation.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952