  • Subject: Re: Connecting CA Express via Internet to AS/400
  • From: "Gary Kuznitz " <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:42:19 -0800

Thanks Larry,

How did you know I needed those? :-)

That's great.  In WinRoute I configured port mapping for ports:
23
446-447
449
5555
8470-8480
all with a destination of 192.168.1.1 (which is the AS/400)

I'm getting an error from CA CWBC01003 - Winsock error, function
returned 10060 that says:  "The address used for the AS/400 system was
found, but connection to the AS/400 system failed.  Make sure TCP/IP has
been started on that AS/400 system, and that the host servers have been
started.  If this does not fix the problem,  verify that the IP address used to
attempt the connection is correct for the AS/400 system.  This address is
logged in a previous message.  Verify TCP/IP address servers (Domain
Name Servers) are configured correctly on this PC and have the correct
address for this AS/400 system.  If the address is incorrect, check the
HOSTS file on your computer for errors.

I know TCP/IP is started.  I signon locally all the time.  And I have tried
entering in the hosts file on the PC  the IP address with the 400 name and at
a different test the IP address with the domain name.  (Which is the same
only it has a .com at the end)

I have been waiting for IBM for 33years to put enough information in the
error messages for someone to be able to follow a cookbook recipe to fix a
problem.  Will it ever happen?  Maybe some day a third party will jump on
the band wagon and realize there is money to be made to provide solutions to
errors encountered on the 400.

I can't imagine  there is a server that needs to be started on the 400 for
remote TCP/IP connections that wouldn't be started for local Lan
connections.  But obviously I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Gary Kuznitz