From: Chuck Lewis [mailto:clewis@iquest.net]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 4:55 AM
To: Midrange-L List
Subject: URGENT Communictions Problem HELP needed !!!:-)

Hi Folks,

We are using TCP/IP to connect Perle 494e control units to our AS/400.

I have a site that dropped off last night and am having trouble getting
it back up. The WEIRD thing is that the control (which has 2 comm cards
in it) showed active this morning. I could ping the router (Cisco) fine
AND ping the cards in the Perle FINE...  But ALL of the devices were
vary on pending... I have had them shut the Perle unit off twice now and
tried varying the associated APPC DEVD's and the CTLD off and on with no
luck. NOW I cannot even get the CTLD to go active again. The APPC DEVD's
are "active" but missing the QRMTWSC entries.

I have had them shut the Perle off and leave it off to see if the AS/400
will see if it is DOWN. That was 10 minutes ago and so far nothing...
When I try pinging the Perle I get nothing so I am SURE it is off...

ANY idea what could be going on ?

HOW long does it take the AS/400 to REALIZE that this control unit is
OFF ?? !!

Thanks !

Chuck