Patrick Shrader wrote:

>One ongoing question I have about this,
>and I am interested in suggestions,
>is how can you limit access to specific
>fields using ODBC.

The classic answer is to create a logical file containing only the "non
sensitive" fields.  Authorise your minimum security personnel to that
logical whilst securing the original files against access.  Have your green
screen application adopt sufficient authority to the original files to
operate.

Buck Calabro
Aptis; Albany, NY
"Nothing is so firmly believed as
 that which we least know" -- Michel Montaigne
Visit the Midrange archives at http://www.midrange.com
+---