  • Subject: Re: Netserver and MS WinME - conflict?
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:51:06 -0500

Ibm info apar II12268 has the details:
Last updated on August 28, 2000
Client Access Express for Windows V4R5M0, with service pack
SF62213 or later, now supports Windows Me (Released-to-
Manufacturing/Retail version).  All Client Access Express
functions that work on Windows 95/98 PCs are supported on
Windows Me with the exception of:

 - TCP/IP over Twinax:  The driver that supports this
   connection type is not yet available for Windows Me.  TCP/IP
   over twinax drivers are normally available from a web site
   (not packaged with Client Access).  When the updated driver
   for Windows Me is available, this info APAR will be updated
   with the web address where the driver can be obtained.

Beta versions of Windows Me are not supported.

Although most functions of Client Access Express V4R4M0 will
probably work with Windows Me, this version has not been tested
with Windows Me and therefore is not supported.

Client Access for Windows 95/NT (5763-XD1)
There are no plans to support the Windows 95/NT client on
Windows Me operating system.

jim