I've used a similar method, with a twist.

Write a CL program that accepts one parameter, the user profile in question.

Write a command that uses that CL as the command processor.

CL:
             PGM        PARM(&IDIOT)

             DCL        VAR(&IDIOT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

             DCL        VAR(&DUMMY) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)  VALUE('DUMMY     ')

             CHKOBJ     OBJ(QSYS/&IDIOT) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF)

                        MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(DO)

                        SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG)
MSGDTA('Profile +
                                     not found.  Who''s the idiot now, +

                                     dummy?') TOPGMQ(*PRV) MSGTYPE(*ESCAPE)

                        GOTO       CMDLBL(ENDCLPGM)

                        ENDDO

             CHGUSRPRF  USRPRF(&IDIOT) PASSWORD(&DUMMY) PWDEXP(*YES)

                        MONMSG(CPF0000)

ENDCLPGM:    ENDPGM

CMD:
             CMD        PROMPT('Set a Dummy Password')

             PARM       KWD(USRPRF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) MIN(1)
PROMPT('Idiot')

You might need to modify the &DUMMY value for your installation (e.g.
DUMMY1) and work out the authority for the operator.  On the other hand, you
get to call the user a dummy with a straight face and prompting shows you
meant to say idiot.  :-)
You type: "dummy jblow<ENTER>" and say "Joe your new password is 'dummy' but
don't take it personally."

Or you could be nicer than I am.