  • Subject: Re: Education
  • From: Quazy <quazy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:16:10 -0600

IBM does have some CBT courses, but they are not cheap and very dry.
I went through three of them, and were helpful, but very hard to stay
awake.  (At least the ones that I have)

I have attended a few classes, and I would say that it depends on the
instructor and the age of the material.

The first class I went to was taught by someone that had been a teacher for
the last 20 years, with basically no actual as/400 work experience besides
teaching, and was using 3 or 4 year old material.  This class was basically
a waste of money for me.

The most recent class I attended was in Rochester and taught by a couple of
guys that actually do what they teach every day.  And the material was
printed the week before I took the class, and I felt that it was worth
every penny.

So I would suggest you find out as much as you can get them to tell you
before you go to a class. (I know it can be hard to get anything out of them).

Quazy