  • Subject: RE: Printing with Code V / Magnu
  • From: "jt" <jt@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:26:56 -0500

Dan,

>>The text is printing under the "straight through mode".  Could that be a
reason why I can't get text and barcode on the same line?

Yes.  I didn't understand that the text was printing in straight-thru mode.
As I recall, once you go into graphics mode you are creating a horizontal
band that prints only graphics.  You can print text within the graphics
band, but you have to position each piece of text to a location (by
specifying inches/dots from top and left, rather than SPACEB and column).
Hopefully there is minimal text that needs to print next to the barcode.

>>Are you no longer using a printer with a magnum card?

The company I used to work for about 5 years ago was using them (to print
labels).  Shortly before I left, they were being phased out and replaced
with thermal printers.

jt