  • Subject: RE: Survey for AS/400 Developers (ISERIES) DB2/400
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:50:00 -0700

Hate to be a bore on the subject, but not everyone works in a shop that has
the full SQL package.  Personally, I'd love to have SQL available.

The usual management arguments against buying the full package are:
     We're doing fine without it and it costs too much.
     No one here understands how to use it.
     It's a real performance hog.

I know it would help me do some things more easily, and I would enjoy
learning to use it.  BTW, I have campaigned for it and I'm stil working on
it.