We have recently upgraded to OS/400 V4R4M0 and Client Access V3R2M0. Since
running the CA update on our SQL Server 7.0 box we have had problems with
some parts of the SQL server. We cannot design or execute DTS packages,
getting a 'class not registered' error, and trying to open a table in
Enterprise Manager returns an 'ADO could not find the specified provider'
error.

Before I updated the server our overnight DTS package took 50% longer that
before the OS/400 upgrade, 9 hours instead of 6 hours.

This has also affected two SQL clients that I have updated. A reinstall of
the SQL client fixed the problem, but I am reluctant to reinstall the server
if I don't have to.

Has anyone encountered problems like this?

Many thanks

Gary Holliday
----------------------------
Gary.Holliday@Smedleys.co.uk
Smedleys Foods
Wardentree Lane
Pinchbeck, Spalding
Lincs. PE11 3UY

This e:Mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please contact Matthew Middleton
or Gary Holliday immediately by telephone on 01775 710789 or on e-mail at
Smedleys.IT@Smedleys.co.uk
necessarily represent those of Smedleys Foods.
Unauthorised publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this e-mail and its associated attachments is strictly
prohibited.