Shadrach,

1.  Find a good lawyer and let them read it BEFORE you sign anything.

2.  Also, I've been able historically to negotiate ammendments to
non-compete (sign your butt away) contracts and you should probably
consider that here...  ALWAYS keep in mind "what's in it for me" and can
this company punt you on a whim and not only keep your inventions without
any royalties to you as well as be able to attach anything you do in the
near future...

3.  There is NO SUCH THING as a "standard non-compete contract"
REGARDLESS of what personnell may tell you.

Caveat emptor, go get some good legal advice before signing...

JMHO

Don in DC

-------