Subject: Re: WRKSBMJOB, WRKUSRJOB slug-li
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com> at INET_WACO
Date:    9/29/00 2:59 PM

> Spool files are counted as jobs as well. They are part of that large count
>  using WRKSYSSTS, shoot our count is 2157, but using WRKACTJOB
> the count is only 143.

Actually spool files are from jobs that are no longer active.  Our spool
files are not jobs in of themselves.  Some jobs can have several reports,
especially folks signed on all day with audit trails of their updates that we
do not need to print if no problems develop soon & we do regular backups, but
like to hold off deleting until after the backups & enough time to see if
certain problems so audit trails need checking.

When we do WRKJOB on the job that generated the spool files, there is an
enormous amount of information available & that needs to be stored until the
last of the spool files have been killed.  WRKUSRJOB F4 *ALL some fields &
try out various combinations will show those other 2,000 jobs that are no
longer active, but need system resource management.

A challenge is knowing which spool files need to be stored longer than a few
days & training end users to delete what they not need.  A CL to clean up this
stuff is workable only if there are the people to understand the applications
well enough to state what needs to be deleted & what not.

DSPSYSSTS also helpful perspective.

Al Macintyre  c¿c