  • Subject: Re: Delphi with a AS/400 database
  • From: "L. S. Russell" <leslier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:10:15 -0500

Hi Pascal,

Search for a product called Activit 400.  This is a set of components
for Delphi 3 and higher that allow your applications to access the 400's
database without using ODBC.
If you are not interested in paying for these components, then you could
use the ODBC drivers that comes with CA.  Just start the Database
desktop and set up a database using the ODBC drivers.   It has been a
very long time since I went this route, I am sure there is some set up
required on the CA side.  But once you get your connection going (except
for the slowness of the ODBC) it works pretty well.

I have used Activit 400 and it is very cool product, just can't remember
who makes it.  You can download a demo version of the components.