  • Subject: Re: Client Access data queue control
  • From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:49:42 -0700

Thanks Don. I tried that, but it didn't help. I think you're right though,
but remember -  it worked when it received it's own messages.

Meanwhile, I took Chris's advice and I installed CA Express. This time
around I'm using the Active-X objects instead of the data queue control. One
of the objects is a string converter that does just what you're talking
about. Why IBM couldn't make their objects handle VB strings I don't know.
Using null-terminated strings is a C thing, and implies they didn't want to
take the time to make it work nice with VB. But they did take the time to
put this kludge string converter object in there. Go figure.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 425-0194 voice