  • Subject: Anyone else have this problem?
  • From: "Mark Beck" <fybook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:04:46 -0800

Hi!

Anyone else have this problem?  We recently moved from Client Access over
twinax emulation to TCP/IP.  We also moved from release pack SF59075 to
SF59923.   This happened after we migrated from CISC to RISC, a few months
ago.  We no longer have our twinax emulation available.
We're trying to transfer a data file from our 400 to a PC file (it's our
Fall booklist, and it's in ascii format so that we can upload it to our web
site).  All the parameters are exactly the same as before--and it always
worked fine before--yet every time we try the transfer (and I've tried from
all of our machines), we receive a data file with gibberish--just code of
some sort, rather than the data we need and should have.  The data is in
file: export, in library: qgpl.  When looking at it on the 400, it's all
there, no problem.  Yet, for some reason it won't transfer.  We have the
data transfer utility set up for ascii, to replace the file, output
device:file.
Any ideas out there?  We're sort of desperate as we need to update our web
booklist (Fall Term is starting), and we're unable to without this facility.

Thanks!

Mark

************************************
Mark Beck, Manager
UAF Bookstore "Serving Students Every Day"
Phone:(907)474-5275
Email:fybook@uaf.edu
Fax:(907)474-7739
Web:www.uaf.edu/bookstore