  • Subject: Re: Stuck installing Perl
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:38:09 -0400

Brad have you figured this out??
What version?? CUMe level??

The "ln -s" just creates a symbolic link from a program to the QSH
environment.
I suppose you could do the same  with the ADDLNK command.
For instance I created a link to my tracert  program to QSH and now I can
use it like in the unix world.

 I gave PERL  a shot on one of our development systems (v4r4) and got it to
work.
getting the web server to run the scripts was the hard part.  I had to put
the script in a CL that
called the PERL program with the script as a PARM.  I suppose it could be
brought in via
reading STDIN like in e-RPG, but I'm not sure.

Bryan Dietz

                    "Stone, Brad V

                    (TC)"                      To:
"'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'"
                    <bvstone@taylorcorp        <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>

                    .com>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Stuck installing
Perl
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    08/28/00 05:44 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

I'm new to QSHELL, and wanted to see how tought it really was to install
Perl and get it working.

Well, creating the symbolic link, I get the following:
ln -s /qsys.lib/perldist.lib/perl.pgm /usr/bin/perl

qsh: 001-0012 Error found starting child process. System resources not
available to complete request.

Huh?  I sure miss pressing F1 on the error...  any ideas?  Should there be
an object named perl in /usr/bin?  Or is this like setting up a map?  I
know
the Perl.pgm exists.. but it's object type is CLE.  Shouldn't it be CLLE?
don't know.. :)

any help would be great.  Maybe I just forgot to install some licened
program.

Brad
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com