  • Subject: Re: IPL frequency (was Who has a big QTEMP?)
  • From: "David Bulog" <d2ba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:45:02 -0700

Jim you are totaly safe to do a IPL anytime you wish as long as you dont do
a powerdown--The IBM build quality is very good on all the cards in a AS/400
.They would last forever even with a daily powerdown and powerup--the only
weak link in the chain is the diskdrives.--no diskdrive from any system like
repeated powerups
Im sure IBM would back up what Im saying here,the buildquality of the AS/400
is Mil spec

Dave