  • Subject: Re: *** melt down
  • From: David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:33:11 -0500

At 12:29 PM 08/21/2000, you wrote:
>ISP running MIDRANGE-L etc. is not on AS/400 & is taking forever to get back
>into good health after recent melt down.

Well, things seem to back to normal now.

>So the question I am proposing bandying around ... when we trade in our old
>3-5 year old AS/400 that is now worthless to us & to IBM, would there be any
>practicality in giving it as a gift to MIDRANGE-L & midrange-l ISP?  I think
>the issues are:

Well, there are a few other issues that need to be considered ...

1. I'm hoping to move away from the ISP in the next few months ... so
giving it to them is kind of moot.  In addition, they have no idea what to
do with an AS/400 (they are unix based).

2. I don't have the time, money, space, or resources, to maintain a system
... I couldn't afford a OS400 license, and don't have any place to put the
system.

3. The software I'm currently running is very unix centric... so running it
on an AS/400 would be difficult at best.

Thanks very much for the consideration though.

david