Title: RE: System Status / performance tools

You could get the ACGJRN started.  It logs avery jobs with alomost everything you need to know on the duration and the utilization of the ressources by the job.  I've worked with it.  It took me few days to get used to the information that is logged, and finally could set a SQL query which would give me the exact usage of the ressources, CPU, by the jobs.  You can sort them by job type, Interactive or Batch.  you can also get the print jobs information.  there are many ways to view this journal.

and BTW it is built-in in OS400 all you have to do is to set a Journal receiver, and start the journal.

If you'd like more information about this I could try to find where to look.  It's been a few months I've started it and I no longer hold the information on this.  I know there is a book from IBM that refers to it, maybe Backup and recovery or something like that.

HTH

Pascal Bellerose
Programmeur-analyste / Software developer
pascal.bellerose@progisys.com

PROGISYS inc.
Téléphone / Telephone :   (418) 871-4880
Télécopieur / Fax :            (418) 871-0486
Site internet / Website :       www.PROGISYS.com
Courriel / E-mail :              progisys@progisys.com