  • Subject: RE: When is it appropriate to use HTML frames?
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:54:03 -0500

I don't have anything against frames use correctly.  for example, if your
left side is all navigation and never changes, then that may be a good use
of frames.  (Same with constant header, etc..)

What I was referring to, and I did it too, is once you figure out frames
it's fun to create a page with about 10 or more frames.. (hehe.. maybe
exagerating).

Use correctly (and with no border) they work great.  Tables can be used to
do the same thing, but the data is reloaded every time as compared to a
frame.  Nameing frames and targeting them can be tricky as well.

Brad