  • Subject: RE: Printing Tiff image
  • From: "Bob Crothers" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:34:26 -0500

Eric,

TIFFLIB is for manipulating TIFF images.  Eg: Read TIFF images Exploding
them to a bitmap, compressing them,  rewriting them, and things of this
nature.  I do not think it has a way to "add text".

There is software out there to "write text to an image", but I don't know
where/what it is.  But I have seen it.  Time to get a good search engine and
have spend an afternoon looking.  I like Copernic www.copernic.com for this
sort of thing.

Focus on the stuff meant for Unix as it tends to be easier to port to the
AS/400 than the WinTel stuff.

You will need an ILE/C compiler and you will have to know how to use it for
any of the above.

There could be (and probably is) a much easier way of doing what you want to
do....I am only addressing the TIFFLIB aspect.

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications
Business: www.theunifier.com and www.faxserver401.com
Personal:  www.cstoneindy.com/bob (Don't go here if you aren't a dog
person!)
Email: Bob@CStoneIndy.com
Voice: 317-802-0107 Ext 103
Fax:    317-803-3450

If a messy desk is a sign of a messy mind,
What does an empty desk say?