From: Don [mailto:dr2@cssas400.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 7:52 PM
To: Richard Jackson
Cc: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: AS400 PKZIP: was: Tape question

Richard,

be aware that the ASi PKZIP product for the 400 has record length
constraints.  It will ZIP a 1000 byte record, but when you unzip it you'll
only get I think 128bytes of your record...the remainder ends up in teh
bit bucket...  This is a BIG show stopper for alot of folks...

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Richard Jackson wrote:

> There is a PKzip application that you can buy for the as400.  Someone else
> will know if it can unTAR a TAR.  A tar is a collection of uncompressed
Unix

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.