  • Subject: RE: Callpath/400 5716CP3 under V4R4M0
  • From: Patrick Townsend <townsend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:22:42 -0700

Great update! I was wondering what happened to CallPath/400.

If I remember correctly (and this is real shaky now) CallPath/400
transferred call status records to the AS/400 and put them in a file or
data queue. You had to set up with your Telco to get the ANI codes included
on your inbound calls. And the PGX has to be set up to output status codes.

Once status codes are put into a queue on the AS/400 your application has
to read them, correlate an ANI code with your customer database, and then
pop up a user application, right? I think this should be real easy to do....

Patrick

At 12:31 PM 6/30/2000 -0400, Sturgeoff, Lorne wrote:
>We use CallPath to run our call centres.  It allows us to integrate the
>AS/400 applications with the phone switch so that we can do things like
>predictive dialing and autodialing from information driven by the
>AS/400.  The AS/400 application directs the switch to place a call on
>behalf of an agent or skill set and then receives call disposition data
>from the switch via CallPath/400. For example, if the call gets
>answered, the application can to a 'screen-pop' for the agent whose
>phone has just connected to the called party.
>
>CallPath/400 was replaced by CallPath Server.  IBM dropped the ball on
>this one (actually Corepoint, who took over the Callpath product line
>from IBM - wholly owned subsidiary, I think).  To move the applications
>to CallPath Server requires substantial re-engineering - something IBM
>had assured us we would never have to do with the AS/400.  Accordingly,
>many of us are continuing to use the V3R7 version which functions quite
>well under V4R3 but which apparently encountered problems under V4R4.
>Hence the need for the PTF.
>
>Lorne Sturgeoff
>Allied International Credit Corp.
>11 Allstate Pkwy, Suite 500
>Markham ON Canada L3R 9T8
>Phone: 905 513 3517
>Fax:     905 470 8155

---
IBM AS/400 communications, FTP automation, and network security
software and consulting services.

http://www.patownsend.com