  • Subject: RE: Async Communications
  • From: nvancure@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:07:03 -0400

Sorry, I didn't clarify enough. I was told that most asynchronous modems do not
support the V25bis autodial, so I needed to dial by using a WRITE of a constant
or variable containing the dial string to the modem (ATDT9,18003450000) followed
by a carriage return (X'OD').
The program doesn't appear to be doing the dial. I did an ICFTRC to get a
printed tracing, and it showed the dial string being written but the program
just sits there.

Tim McCarthy <timm@as400ftp.com> on 30 June, 2000 12:13:24 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com