  • Subject: Re: hardware support in indy?
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:27:01 EDT

We are in the Evansville Indiana area & we use a combination of IBM & KSAI <<
ksainc.com >> & various specialized folks reccommended by IBM who are former
IBMers.  At one time we were interested in what major 3rd party mid-range
outfits did our area, because of the need for multi-vendor support, but now
we have several non-IBM devices on our IBM support so that is no longer an
issue ... we found SORBUS & Control Data & some other outfits

Most of these were unsatisfactory because they served Indiana but not all of
our facilities & we needed to have some outfit that served all of our stuff,
not just one site.  The only exception was SORBUS ... they served all our
areas, but were over capacity on tech support so not accepting new clients at
the time we called, which was several years ago so their situation may have
changed.  There regional HQ for new customer support was in Louisville as I
recall.

I like KSAI because they are very knowlegeable on both IBM midrange & PC LAN
& telecommunications network type topics ... our AS/400 rep with KSAI is both
a former IBM SE and CE ... a rare combination ... there are very few outfits
that are competent both in the areas of AS/400 & PC world & communications

AMI claims to be so, but I have recently used them on my home system & while
their support is 1st rate, I think they are overloaded << americanmicro.com >>

>  From:    ddi@datadesigninc.com (nina jones)

>  anyone in the indianapolis area know of a company that does hardware
> maintenance?
>
>  thanks,
>
>  nj

Al Macintyre  ©¿©