  • Subject: Duplicating a library.
  • From: "Quazy" <quazy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:40:54 -0500

Nightly we need to take a copy of our production library and duplicate it to a Test environment for our support people so they can play with almost current data.

I have been accomplishing this by backing up the library with a save while active to a save file, then restoring the save file to the test environment, then backing the save file up to tape, and deleting it.

I would like to eliminate going to a save file and just save to tape and duplicate the library. I don't want to restore from tape to the test environment.

This is a 10 Gig library with 200 Physical and logical files.
This library is used 27 X 7.

Can you do a crtdupobj on active files?   will it have to rebuild access paths?

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on a good solution.

Thanks Chris.