We have an S20 as a production machine & a 720 as a Test/Dev machine.
Running V4R4M0 on both machines.

If you can afford it, I'd go for the two machine state.  Test box is not as
powerful as production machine so things run slower but I at least have it
on a separate machine.  Maybe I just don't trust the user to get to the test
area & really end up in the production data.

Testing is a whole lot less stressful (do I have my library list set up
correctly, etc.) on the second machine.  I have a different set of user ID's
for the second box so people really have to be aware of which machine they
are on - at least that was the intent.

With BPCS as our ERP package, I have two environments set up on my test
machine.  I used to have three on my production machine but really didn't
like the real possibility of getting to the wrong environment with the way
that BPCS logs you in & the user has to choose.  Now I have only one
environment on my production machine.

I can figure on an hour to restore the BPCS data library using the 8mm tape.
If I use the 3570 tape, it is really quick but more work is involved.  I can
afford to wait an hour.

My vote is for two machines.  Our partial reasoning was to have a "backup"
machine in case my production machine would melt for some reason.  Things
would run slower but at least it would run.

Dennis

"One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be
done." -- Marie Curie
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com <mailto:dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com>
(920) 361-2388