  • Subject: Redbook Announcement: SG24-5517-00 Managing AS/400 with Tivoli Enterprise (fwd)
  • From: Don <dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:36:33 -0400 (EDT)

See the following for a recently published redbook:

Form Number:  SG24-5517-00

Title:                    Managing AS/400 with Tivoli Enterprise

Can now be downloaded as a PDF file

and ordered in hardcopy !

(see http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245517.html for online access)

The redbook "Managing AS/400 with Tivoli Enterprise (SG24-5517)" has become
available. This redbook provides a lot of practical and detailed
information about
AS/400 systems management using Tivoli Enterprise products. If you are
interested
in this redbook, please access the ITSO web site
(www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245517.html).

The following are abstract and contents of this redbook.

With Tivoli Enterprise 3.6, customers can extend their Tivoli
implementation to support
AS/400s as Endpoints. Sales and service departments, business partners, and
customers
need an AS/400-specific redbook to complement the platform-neutral redbook,
An Introduction
to Tivoli Enterprise, SG24-5494. Our redbook will be used as a primary
source of information
when starting a Tivoli Enterprise implementation for AS/400 and will
function as a field
reference providing technical information and answers for sales situations.

This redbook meets the needs of two audiences:
Those who know Tivoli but do not know the AS/400
Those who know the AS/400 but do not know Tivoli

This redbook directs readers to existing Tivoli redbooks; so, they can
learn concepts and
generic Tivoli Enterprise items. This redbook documents and provides
examples of the
implementation techniques related to managing AS/400s as Endpoints. It
includes simple
examples for getting started and more complex examples of the use of Tivoli
Enterprise
that are relevant to the AS/400.

The following are contents of this redbook:

Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Tivoli for AS/400 Endpoints product information
Chapter 3. AS/400 Endpoint installation and deployment
Chapter 4. AS/400 Endpoint configuration
Chapter 5. AS/400 Endpoint considerations and tips
Chapter 6. AS/400 security management
Chapter 7. AS/400 availability management
Chapter 8. AS/400 deployment management
Chapter 9. AS/400 management scenarios

Publish Date:   April 27, 2000     ISBN Number:   0-7384-1616-9

Access Information
To obtain a copy of this redbook, you can:

   Access the IBM Redbooks Home page to download the PDF or view the book
   online at:

                      Outside IBM:      http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                       Inside IBM:        http://w3.itso.ibm.com

   Order SG24-5517-00 through PUBORDER (Internal to IBM) or

   See 'How to Order' options (WWW, email, mail, fax, phone) at:

   http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

Authors: Yoichiro Ishii, Jim Coll, Russ Cunningham, Ryan Sumner, Lorraine
Vassberg

Announcement Contact: Yoichiro Ishii     E-mail: ishii@us.ibm.com

Jerry Engelbert - Rochester ITSO  Bldg 107-2 Office H104
Jerry Engelbert/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS or jengel@us.ibm.com
 507-253-5233 or T/L 553-5233; FAX 507-253-6408