  • Subject: RE: Stable Client Access Style Screen Fonts in Rumba ?
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <DBale@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:15:50 -0400

Man, do I feel your pain!  27x132 is hell in Rumba compared to Client
Access!

The best I've been able to find is to use the Lucida Console font, Style:
Regular.  The Size selection is disabled when the Minimum Font Width is
selected; mine is selected (checked) and the Auto Font Control is set to 2.
In the Character Spacing box, I've got the slide bar set right underneath
the capital W in the sample display.  If you come up with anything better,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.  I am using Rumba 2000 with all the latest
updates.

Your particular display resolution may give results different than mine.
I'm pretty sure my display resolution is set at 800x600 (can't tell because
the sysadmin disabled access to that panel).  I am using a 15" monitor.

BTW, I have CA at home on my 17" monitor, and the 27x132 is unbelievably
clear!

Frankly, if you have a choice between Rumba and CA, take CA!  I have a few
other issues with Rumba that I won't bother with here.

- Dan Bale