  • Subject: Re: Thanks-Running AS/400 with cover off and care of Drives
  • From: "DAVID BULOG" <d2ba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 10:18:25 +1200

Thanks to all who replied to my questions.
I have just found out that you should always run the AS/400s that use the
rounded rearcovers with them ON--otherwise the machine
wont circulate air as it is designed to do.
I just found that statement of all places in the model200 users guide so I
guess that still applies to the model500 etc

as per Dougs issue re the system password--it is a undocumented
fact that if you want to avoid the system password prompt--always
power the system down before midnight,in that way the system password
counter never moves a notch.
Hence if you look at Ebays site and do a search on AS/400 you see lots of
V3R7s for sale cheap($100-150).
The home powerusers buy a model400 from egghead for say $399
and then the V3R7s from Ebay and keep there systems running
indefinatly by using the above method,
Here is a recent example:
cheers Dave

AS/400 V3R7 CD'S for OS/400
Item #343298545

Computers:Software:Operating Systems

Bidding is closed for this item.

  (to seller)
  (to bidder)
If you are the seller or the high bidder - now what?

 Currently $148.20  First bid $25.00
Quantity 1  # of bids 29 (bid history) (with emails)
Time left Auction has ended.  Location Bethune S.C.
   Country United States
Started May-27-00 16:03:01 PDT   (mail this auction to a friend)
Ends Jun-03-00 16:03:01 PDT   (request a gift alert)

Seller (Rating) rhunter@emeraldsofcolombia.com (3)
 (view comments in seller's Feedback Profile)  (view seller's other
auctions)  (ask seller a question)

High bid rk71 (2)

Payment Money Order/Cashiers Checks, Personal Checks, See item description
for payment methods accepted
Shipping Buyer pays fixed shipping charges, Will ship to United States and
the following regions: Canada, See item description for shipping charges

Relist item Seller: Didn't sell your item the first time? eBay will refund
your relisting fee if it sells the second time around. Relist this item.

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item. You should contact
the seller to resolve any questions before bidding. Auction currency is U.S.
dollars ($) unless otherwise noted.

Description

I have 7 CD's Containing OS/400 version V3R7 with all the disks you need to
get it up and running on your machine. This does not include the key. This
software will run 70 days before you have to reload or get a key. I can take
paypal also.

Bidding

Bidding is closed for this item.

If you're the seller or the high bidder - now what?

Contact each other. The seller (rhunter@emeraldsofcolombia.com) and the high
bidder (rk71) should contact each other within three business days to
discuss payment and shipping details.

Leave feedback for the other party once the the seller has received the
payment and the winning bidder has received the item.
Leave feedback to seller - Leave feedback to bidder.
Details for the seller and high bidder(s):
The seller should contact the winning bidder(s) with information on the
total cost, including shipping, and where to send payment. The winning
bidder(s) must pay the seller directly for the item(s), and it is the
seller's responsibility to fulfill the order when payment terms are met. The
binding contract of the auction is between the winning bidder and the
seller.

If the seller is unable to establish contact with the high bidder within 3
business days of the end of the auction, he/she may lose the place as
winning bidder, and be at risk for receiving negative feedback and/or a
Non-Paying Bidder warning, both of which can ultimately lead to suspension
from eBay.

Top Questions From This Page
• How do I place a proxy bid? It looks like I can only place a maximum bid.
• Why doesn't my bid show up?
• What does "reserve not yet met" mean?
• How can I change something or cancel my listing completely?
 • Why isn't my picture showing up?
• As a seller, how can I cancel an unwanted bid?
• Why does my email address appear when I have a User ID?
• How do I register?

----

Announcements  |  Register  |  SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety)  |  Feedback
Forum  |  About eBay

Copyright © 1995-2000 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and
Privacy Policy.