Dave, consider loading the eval version of Code/400 on your machine, or
even order the CD and load it on your workstation at client sites.  The
full manuals are there and very easy to use.  Start Code/400, open a
session for the manual that interests you, then hit the help button and
choose the concept or the reference manual and search it.  There's no need
to actually write code or connect to the AS/400 to get the manuals on line
and running.

Booth Martin
booth@martinvt.com
http://www.MartinVT.com