The tiniest bit of education?

Lets see, to keep up with the AS/400 a programmer has to learn RPG, RPGIV,
CL, DDS, Code, VARPG, System commands, TCP/IP, Client Access, and Security
schemas.  He needs to learn packages like DBU, Progen, and Abstract/Probe.
 On top of that he has to learn the applications and business rules of the
organization for whom he is developing code.  Then while resting he needs
to learn HTML, XML, and FTP.  This is not trivial, especially the way the
AS/400 package is being enhanced.

So, it is your feeling that someone that doesn't also learn C++ in his
spare time, on his own nickel, for clients that won't allow it's use, to
do jobs that can just as easily be done with the tools already available
is somehow lacking the stones to be a real programmer?

Sorry, I won't wear that hair shirt.

Booth Martin
booth@martinvt.com
http://www.MartinVT.com