  • Subject: Re: Transferring source...
  • From: dhandy@xxxxxxxxxxx (Douglas Handy)
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:17:43 -0400

Tom,

>I would use ftp... it's fast and easy. (we wouldn't want to use anything
>easy!!!!)   :-)

>cd <lib>
>ftp <ipaddress>
>mput SRC-PFf.*
>quit

You left out the prompt command, which would be necessary to make it
"fast and easy".  Otherwise answering all the prompts would be a drag.

Also, transferring source in this manner would lose the SRCDAT and
SRCSEQ fields.  SRCSEQ would be resequenced and SRCDAT would become
000000 for all statements.  That may or may not be acceptable,
depending on the installation.

You would also lose the member text and source attribute, etc.

In short, while mput is fast when prompt is turned off, it is not what
I would recommend.  I'd still use FTP, but I'd make a SAVF first, then
FTP it and restore on the other machine.

Or use SNDRSTOBJ if opti-connect is installed.

Doug