  • Subject: RE: Client Access & Rumba co-existence
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:36:19 -0400

Dan,

My previous employer has two NT servers that run Rumba and Client Access
simultaneously to the same AS/400.  We never had any problems with them that
could be attributed to a conflict between the two applications.  The reason
is that they're running DCSI's bar code package (I forget the product name -
Data Collection Advantage or something like that), which needs Rumba to feed
transactions to the MAPICS PM&C interface.  The version of Rumba that we got
had a problem downloading data from the MAPICS file library because there
were too many objects in it, so we had to use Client Access to get to that
data.  It was annoying to have to do it that way (Wall Data wasn't real
supportive about it), but it worked fine.  Just make sure you don't have
client-side name conflicts between the two and you should be okay.

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC