  • Subject: RE: How can you log a user off at a certain time
  • From: Scott Mildenberger <Smildenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:49:54 -0700

Nathan,

Here is an option but there may be an easier way that someone else comes up
with.

1.  GO SECTOOLS has an option to setup a schedule of when a user profile is
enabled.  If it is disabled at 2 PM thought it won't end any active jobs,
just doesn't allow them to sign back on.  I haven't used this feature, just
know it's there.

2.  Below is a CL I use to send a break message to all the interactive
sessions that a user has.  You could modify this to to a ENDJOB.  It does
use CVTWRKUSR out of taatool to convert the output of WRKUSRJOB to an
outfile.  If you don't have taatool then you might be able to create your
own version of this.  We also are on V4R3 so this should work for you.

pgm  parm(&user &msg)

             DCL        VAR(&USER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             dcl        var(&msg)  type(*char) len(512)
             DCLF       FILE(WRKUSRP)

             CVTWRKUSR  USER(&USER) STATUS(*ACTIVE) OUTLIB(QTEMP)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF9898 CPF9999) EXEC(RETURN)

             OVRDBF     FILE(WRKUSRP) TOFILE(QTEMP/WRKUSRP)

 READ:       RCVF       RCDFMT(ujrcd)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0864) EXEC(RETURN)

             IF         COND(&UJTYPE = 'I') THEN(SNDBRKMSG MSG(&MSG) +
                          TOMSGQ(&UJJOB))

             GOTO       CMDLBL(READ)

ENDPGM

Scott Mildenberger