  • Subject: RE: Downloading multiple source members
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <DBale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:13:22 -0500

Ann,

I'm sure there's a better way to do this.  This one's an oldie but a goodie.
It downloads source members as individual files to a shared folder.  The
parameters used in calling this program are:

&LIB - The library of the source file you are copying from
&FILE - The source file you are copying from
&FOLDER - The shared folder root directory you are copying to

The result is that you'll have a root folder / library / source file
hierarchy of source members, i.e.,
        UserID/LIBRARY/SRCFILE/membern.ame

To copy this from the shared folder to your PC drive, just use Windows
Explorer, map a drive to the AS/400, i.e., \\AS400SYSNAME\QDLS\UserID , and
drag/drop onto your hard drive.

Notes:
1) Since the AS/400's DLS still uses the old DOS 8.3 file naming convention,
any library, file, and member names that exceed 8 characters will have a '.'
inserted after the 8th character.  You will have problems if any of your
names (library, file, member) on the 400 have a '.' in it.
2) The program also downloads a copy of file QAFDMBRL, which is the outfile
from DSPFD TYPE(*MBRLIST); this is used when copying back to the AS/400 to
give each member their source type and text description.
3) You didn't ask, but I also have the program to copy back to the AS/400.
I'd be happy to post that as well if anybody's interested.

      PGM        PARM(&LIB &FILE &FOLDER)

      DCL        VAR(&LIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
      DCL        VAR(&FILE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
      DCL        VAR(&FOLDER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
      DCLF       FILE(QAFDMBRL)
      DCL        VAR(&TO83NAME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(12)

      DSPFD      FILE(&LIB/&FILE) TYPE(*MBRLIST) +
                   OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QTEMP/QAFDMBRL)

      OVRDBF     FILE(QAFDMBRL) TOFILE(QTEMP/QAFDMBRL)

      IF         ( %SST( &LIB 9 2 ) *EQ '  ' ) THEN( DO )
        CHGVAR     &TO83NAME  VALUE( &LIB )
      ENDDO
      ELSE    DO
        CHGVAR     &TO83NAME  VALUE( %SST( &LIB 1 8 ) +
                      *CAT '.' *CAT  %SST( &LIB 9 2 ) )
      ENDDO

      CRTFLR     FLR(&TO83NAME) INFLR(&FOLDER) TEXT('AS/400 source +
                   library' *BCAT &LIB)
        MONMSG     MSGID(CPF8A18) /* not created; ignore */

      CHGVAR     VAR(&FOLDER) VALUE(&FOLDER *TCAT '/' *CAT &TO83NAME)

      IF         ( %SST( &FILE 9 2 ) *EQ '  ' ) THEN( DO )
        CHGVAR     &TO83NAME  VALUE( &FILE )
      ENDDO
      ELSE    DO
        CHGVAR     &TO83NAME  VALUE( %SST( &FILE 1 8 ) +
                      *CAT '.' *CAT  %SST( &FILE 9 2 ) )
      ENDDO

      CRTFLR     FLR(&TO83NAME) INFLR(&FOLDER) TEXT('AS/400 +
                   source file' *BCAT &LIB *TCAT '/' *CAT *FILE)
        MONMSG     MSGID(CPF8A18) /* not created; ignore */

      CHGVAR     VAR(&FOLDER) VALUE(&FOLDER *TCAT '/' *CAT &TO83NAME)

LOOP:
      RCVF
        MONMSG   CPF0864   EXEC( GOTO EOF )

      IF         ( %SST( &MLNAME 9 2 ) *EQ '  ' ) THEN( DO )
        CHGVAR     &TO83NAME  VALUE( &MLNAME )
      ENDDO
      ELSE    DO
        CHGVAR     &TO83NAME  VALUE( %SST( &MLNAME 1 8 ) +
                      *CAT '.' *CAT  %SST( &MLNAME 9 2 ) )
      ENDDO

      CPYTOPCD   FROMFILE(&LIB/&FILE) TOFLR(&FOLDER) +
                   FROMMBR(&MLNAME) TODOC(&TO83NAME) +
                   REPLACE(*YES)

      GOTO       LOOP
EOF:
      CPYTOPCD   FROMFILE(QTEMP/QAFDMBRL) TOFLR(&FOLDER) +
                   TODOC(QAFDMBRL) REPLACE(*YES) TRNTBL(*NONE)

      ENDPGM