The difference between consultants and contractors probably are more
differences in expectations of the hourly charge than in work done?  Some
companies need to spend big bucks so they hire consultants, some need a
job done so they hire a contractor?

"A consultant, called into a company to find out why they were losing
money, stopped one man and asked him what he did.  "Nothing," said the
employee.

The expert turned to another man standing nearby and asked him what he
did.  "Nothing," was his reply.

"Oh," said the consultant, "too much duplication."

Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth

"Lori Hainey" <lhainey@hbs-inc.com>