Marylou,

a trick we used to do back in my HP-3000 and 2000Access days was to run a
initial program when the person signed on, each time they signed on, and
gathered time/date/port information and just wrote it to a file for later
use...we also did some extra security checking then as well...So, I guess
my question is, why not change the initpgm of the usrprf to run a quickie
CL/RPG that gathers this stuff and writes it to a transaction file.  Ditto
for changing the signoff command processor so that it writes signoff
info...what's left are abends which you hope is the exception to the
rule...and if users don't sign off at the end of their day, have their
manager explain to you why they're too dumb to signoff...:)

Don in DC