  • Subject: RE: RUNRMTCMD
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:51:15 -0500

I was going to point out something else, but hey, let's totally change tack.
Can you get a ftp SERVER for this PC?  I am sure that there might be some on
the cheap.  Then yes, you could do it all from the 400.
There are ways to pipe in and out of the ftp command on the 400.  Sample:
PGM        PARM(&RMTSYSTEM)
DCL        VAR(&RMTSYSTEM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(200)
OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(MYLIB/FTPSCRIPT)
OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(MYLIB/FTPOUTPUT)
FTP        RMTSYS(&RMTSYSTEM)
DLTOVR     FILE(INPUT)
DLTOVR     FILE(OUTPUT)
CALL       PGM(ANALYZER) /* Analyze FTP output by reading the FTPOUTPUT file */
ENDPGM

The contents of ftpscript might look like

user USERID  PASSWORD
cd \mydir
get myfile mylib/myfile
quit