  • Subject: Re: Client Access - Black Display screen
  • From: "Bharat Hastimalji Jain" <bharat.jain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 11:20:44 +0530

Dear gallagher,
I am not very sure but i faced the same problem earlier, try this
In the session name box on the cleint access screen write XYZN where XYZ= any
set
of characters they may be u'r name and N=  any number.
Actually when left blank it creates the problem u need to define every session a
different name.
try this if u succeed,Pls reply
bharat

Gallagher, Debbie (CA - Toronto) wrote:

> My next problem in the ongoing saga of my first AS/400 install. I've spent
> the entire morning poring over manuals to try and figure out what I've
> missed. However, can't figure it out, so am hoping one of you will be able
> to tell me what to try.
>
> The AS/400 is a 720 running V4R3. Installed Client Access on an NT system on
> the same LAN. Can PING to other servers on the LAN from both the NT and the
> AS/400.
>
> Got the AS/400 connection working on the NT. Well, partly, and that's the
> problem. I can used Ops Nav. I can Transfer Data from AS/400 and display it
> on the NT.
>
> However, when I try to use PC5250 emulation, I get just a black screen. The
> bar across the top of the window shows session A. When I first try to start
> the session, the blue markings in the two bottom corners flash briefly, then
> go black. So, I'm left with the lovely icons on the top and the blue line on
> the bottom.
>
> Any ideas what I've done wrong?
>
> Debbie Gallagher
> dgallagher@deloitte.ca
>
> +---
> +---

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bharat Jain
n:              Jain;Bharat
org:            Wipro Technologies
adr:            Wipro Technologies;;111, Anna Salai Road;Chennai;TamilNadu;600 032;India
email;internet: bharat.jain@wipro.com
title:          Senior Systems Engineer
tel;work:       0-91-44-2301530
tel;fax:        0-91-44-2301532