  • Subject: Y2K Group PTF Potential Problem
  • From: bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 99 13:01:05 CST

The two CDs for Y2K RISC systems are independent of each other from an
"awareness of each other" point of view.  I find it difficult to
understand how a user could have been prompted for the second while
working with the first.  One CD is a frozen image of those Y2K related
PTFs available though late October 1999; the other CD is everything Y2K
related that has been made available since late October 1999.  This can
be seen by reviewing the PSP information for SF99200.

This inability to prompt for the second CD is, to say the least,
unfortunate and was not done without a lot of work to try and avoid.
Alternatives such as breaking SF99200 out into separate PTFs per
release (and having to tell everyone about all the new Group PTF numbers)
through changing the Group to a Cum (which would allow prompting but
not allow the timeliness of updates we have with Groups) were, among
others, considered.

Bruce