Arlene,

How do you create overlays with MS-Word?  See Below, I have PC
Are these overlays scalable (printing logos in different sizes)?
NO, but a person could Create several overlays.

Before you can create an overlay you must create an Advanced Function Printer
for your PC. Click on the Add printer ICON, Make it a local printer and use IBM
Facimile Support 400, It should be there because of a full load of CA/400,  it
must write to a FILE not a port.   Go to the properties window and press the
SETUP KEY.  On the AS/400 Using Wrkflr create a folder called forms.

Press the Options key ,  to check every time you intend to change a overlay
under CLIP  LIMITS make sure your unprintable area margins are all ZEROES.
Click on the Modify Key and then under IMAGES  modify to use Diagonal Dither.
Press OK on every thing!!!

Before you go into WORD make sure you are connected to the AS400 or  Map the AS
400 to a Drive on Your PC

On the overlays we have created we only used Text , Frames.
After your overlay is finished  you must print to this printer file

Since this is the printer for the AS400 Pc Fax, put a one in the telephone
number and use the Select All button.

Save to I:\ QDLS\ FORMS\ document  name.

After  the file is printed,  Return to your  AS400 session  to create the *OVL
object.

Because this was created by  WORD type in the AS400 command WRKFLR.   Type &58
by  FORMS folder and press enter.
You  will find your Overlay  named with a +.PRN, ,  if  necessary delete the
folder with the name you need to use and  then rename the +.PRN, with that
name.
So keep your document name short!  Then type in these commands or write a Cl
with these commands.

 CRTPF      FILE(QTEMP/&DOC) RCDLEN(2019) LVLCHK(*NO)

CPYFRMPCD  FROMFLR(&FLR) TOFILE(QTEMP/&DOC) +
             FROMDOC(&DOC) TRNTBL(*NONE) TRNFMT(*NOTEXT)

CRTOVL     OVL(&@LIB/&DOC) FILE(QTEMP/&DOC) +
             TEXT('Overlay Form ' *BCAT &DOC *TCAT ' +
             /' *BCAT &CDATE *TCAT ' / ' *BCAT &SYSTIME)

Look for an object type *OVL in the library you defined.
If  you get error messages you can DFU the file in QTEMP if  you see &DOC8
you
did not create an overlay.
 Recheck you printer properties.   To test the overlay  enter command OVRPRTF
FILE(QSYSPRT) PAGRTT(0) FRONTOVL(LIBRARY/OVERLAY)  the do a HOST PRINT of  any
screen and move the spool  file to an appropriate printer.