Jon...

I'm back!  Looked at the 170 where we have it working and it is
connected as:

   Ops Console using cable PN 97H7557 EC F15052 in Left connector
       (Looking from back)

   ECS Modem using cable PN 44H7480 EC 39213A in Right connector
       (Looking from back)

This is as described in EZ-Setup CD.

The version of Win95 on the PC is 4.00.950C.  The PC is an old
Valuepoint 33DX, 24MB with a Kingston Turbo upgrade that is claimed
to be 133Mhz.   This is the second PC in this role - The first one
smoked when we plugged it into the 208v UPS!

The dialer software is version 1.3 which I downloaded 5/6/99 from MS.
IBM support guided us thru the installation of the MS Dial Up
Networking.

The only problem I still have is that it forces me to signon as DST in
order to get the console going.  I really would prefer to be able to
establish that session with a regular user profile.  Any ideas?

Ray

Sorry it took so long, but I've been out for holiday...

Ray

--
Ray Peterson
WITC - Shell Lake

Wizard Masthead
Connect Operations Console Cable
The picture below is an example of a Model 170 configuration. The adapter cards installed on your system may be different based on what you have ordered.

[Model 170 - Operations Console Connection] A. Operations Console Cable
Part Number 97H7557
Card Position C08, left connector

B. Remote Control Panel Cable
Part Number 97H7591
MI Port

If the cable does not correctly match the connector on the personal computer, you may use a 9-to-25 pin adapter, part number 46G0298. This adapter was shipped with your system materials.

Model 170 cabling instructions   |    Cable a different model

[Copyright | Trademark | Legal]
Title: Model 170 - Connect Electronic Customer Support Cables
Wizard Masthead
Connect Electronic Customer Support Cables
ECS  Cables
  1. Connect the cable to the right connector on the adapter card as shown in the image.
  2. Connect the other end of the cable to the modem.
  3. Plug the modem into a power source.

If you are not using an IBM 7852 Model 400 modem, modem setup provides information you will need to configure your modem.

For all modems:

  • Ensure that a telephone or telephone jack is installed for the electronic customer support modem. You must have an analog line. Digital will not work.
  • Use a telephone cable to connect the Line socket on the modem to the telephone jack.